Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishore   24 January 2018

How to regiester land/house received as "Pasupu Kumkuma" (Gift at the time of marriage)

Hi all, This is Kishore. I need the suggestion from you experts on below mentioned topic. My Mother-in-law received some land as "Pasupu Kumkuma" at the time of her marriage(40 years back). A letter is given regarding the same by her father on plain paper, but the land is not registered on her name. Later(30 years back) my in-laws constructed house in the same land and are living there. They are paying all the taxes regularly(Property Tax and Electricity connections are on my mother-in-laws name). Please let me know the process to get the land/house registered on my Mother-in-laws name. To add more information, Parents of my mother-in-laws expired few years back. She has 4 brothers and 2 Sisters. I am not sure if couple of brothers will sign now as the terms are not good with them. Please let me know, how to get the house registered on my Mother-in-laws name as they are owning it for more than 40 years. Do we require signatures of all her brothers and sisters for registering the land received as part of "Pasupu Kumkuma" at the time of marriage and is self occupied for years? Thanks in advance, Kishore.

Learning

2 Replies

Ramesh Singh Ji, Thanks for your fast response.

Whom should we specify as Vendor in the sale deed? As Parents of my mother-in-law are not alive, Who should sign the deed?

Thanks,

Kishore.

Thanks Ramesh Singh Ji for the suggestion.

I modified the subject.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register