Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santhosh   12 December 2017

Update wife name to include husband name in existing marriage certificate

Hello,

My wife do not possess a last name or sir name(as per governement records). After our marriage, we got marriage certificate in which wife's original name(as per governement records) is mentioned. Now is it possible to update wife's name to include my name in the marriage certificate?

Please advise.

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     13 December 2017

In the marriage certificate, the maiden name only is mentioned. You can have her other Documents updated using the marriage certificate. 

Santhosh   13 December 2017

Thank you Radhika Mehta.

Yes, in the current marriage certificate what we have, wife's maiden name(which do not have last name or sir name) only is available. All existing documents of her contain her maiden name only.

As you told, she can update the other documents(Aadhar, PAN, VoterId, Bank account, Insurance etc) with the existing marriage certificate(containing her original name) WITHOUT any Affidavit or Gazetted notification or Publishing in local newspaper. Is my understanding correct? Please reply.

Thank you in advance.

Please advise.

Santhosh   21 December 2017

Request you to please reply and do the needful. Thanks in advance.

(Guest)

Word of advice to your wife.  Marriage last long till your husband die? Fine change name.

If it owont last long, dont change name or else it is big big headache to change name again once you change name from maiden to husbands name.

(Guest)

YOU CHANGE YOUR WIFES NAME, LET HER CHANGE ALL THE PLACES, MARKSCARDS, PASSPORT RATION CARD VOTER CARD, ALL PLACES LET HER CHANGE, IF MARRIAAGE DONT WORK SHE WILL HAVE TO JUMP AROUND LIKE A MONKEY TO CHANGE THE NAME AGAIN.  OR SHE WILL HAVE TO USE YOUR NAME AS SURNAME EVEN AFTER DIVORCE.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register