Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neeraj (owner)     09 March 2010

Cheque Bouncing

Hello everybody,

Well, One of my cheque of 48k against my CC was bounced in 2008 & now I've done the settlement for whole amount in 35K in 2 installments with bank thourgh the customer care in mumbai headoffice. But now the agency ppl are calling by stating them self as Sub Inspector of Delhi Police & Advocate in Patiala house court & the so called Advocate thretened me  to pay the amount of 48000 at once instead of 35000/- which was settledown by bank headoffice. I've get the ref. no. from bank headoffice & they said thr is no legal case against me filed by bank. ...but the person calling himself advocate in P/H Court said he want me to deposite the 48K  to stop the warrent againt me.   I personally contacted the collection deptt. of bank in Rohini & they said they are agency ppl used to threten ppl by calling them self Fake  Delhi Police person & Advocates .  When I googled today ..I found a same complain from 2  other ppl stating the same name & numbers from which I'm getting calls. ......So pls guide me what should I do now & if really thr was any criminal case then what's the procedure to get anticipatry bail????

Learning

4 Replies

Jatin Sapra 9312223345,Delhi (Advocate)     09 March 2010

Hi,

Mr. Neeaj,

Bank must have given ur no. to some collection agents that is the reason why they had called.

Contact ur bank whether they have intiated any proceeding against u .Taking Anticipatory bail and Bail will play  role much more later on not now. And please ask Chamber no. in Patial House ccourts becouse me too working here .

welcome for further query

1 Like

Niikhil C. Shirgaonkar (Self Employed)     09 March 2010

No need to worry. These are fake calls. Moreover if there is a case of Cheque bouncing it is the bailable offence in which the bail is a matter of right and hence you dont have to take Anticipatory bail. Tell the caller to do what he wants and if you are interested make a police complaint of your area regarding the said calls. This is just an effort to extort a money from you nothing else.

Amit Kr. Sahewalla (Lawyer)     09 March 2010

well i think its very simple , just give a complaint to the office of the ombusman of the bank and ever thing will be clear and in these types of cases the SC has given strict gudilines and just go for it and even you can file an EJAHAR ( FIR ) in the nearest police station on the same cause.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     10 March 2010

Write to Banking Ombudsman and Chairman of the Bank.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register