LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit   01 August 2017

Regarding non payment of my annual retention bonus

HI I m Ankit I want to know that what should i do when my company is deniying to pay my retention bonus as per the appointment letter signed by the HR head.

My intimation of resignation was given to them is 23 April so i leave the company on 24 july after serving my 3 months notice period.

According to my Appointment letter I would be payed 1 Lac Rs on completing an year tenure with the company which is on 20th july of every year.

Learning

21 Replies

Gopal Verma Advocate-on-Record (Advocate-on-Record)     01 August 2017

Consult a lawyer with all the documents. It may require to send a legal notice. SHRI GOPAL VERMA ADVOCATE ON RECORD SUPREME COURT OF INDIA PH-9810090507 Email- vermag@aol.in

Gopal Verma Advocate-on-Record (Advocate-on-Record)     01 August 2017

Consult a lawyer with all the documents. It may require to send a legal notice. SHRI GOPAL VERMA ADVOCATE ON RECORD SUPREME COURT OF INDIA PH-9810090507 Email- vermag@aol.in

Ankit   01 August 2017

Dear Sir ,

Should i first intimate them to give the notice on mail.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 August 2017

Do you have copy of T&C/details of said Bonus?

Does it have condition that it shall not apply to employees that tender notice of resignation before said date of July?

Has the establishment declined to pay in writing and mentioned reason in writing?

(Guest)

Rightly pointed out by Expert Kumar. Refer to your Terms of employment in offer letter and check if there is a condition attached that in the event of you resigning from services before completion of 1 year exist ? 

No doubt you have completed 3 extra days over 1 year but need to check the above condition.

Ankit   01 August 2017

yes i do have it & it clearly states that an anual retantion bonus would be provided after compleation of year from date of joining for years

Regards

Ankit

Thanks for agreeing Mr. Rajesh Shankar.

Pls reply to all points raised in the thread.

Ankit   01 August 2017

Rightly pointed out by Expert Kumar. Refer to your Terms of employment in offer letter and check if there is a condition attached that in the event of you resigning from services before completion of 1 year exist ? No doubt you have completed 3 extra days over 1 year but need to check the above condition.

yes i do have it & it clearly states that an anual retantion bonus would be provided after compleation of year from date of joining for 3 years

Regards
Ankit

(Guest)

Consult a lawyer who is expert in labour matters and send a Notice to the company. Such bonuses are designed by companies which act as a retention strategy and the words are carefully crafted in Legal Parlance. So Let a Lawyer examin your offer letter and then he will suggest you a suitable remedy.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 August 2017

Despite reminding you to reply pointwise to all poinst raised to support you and for further discussion;You have not replied to:

Does it have condition that it shall not apply to employees that tender notice of resignation before said date of July?

Has the establishment declined to pay in writing and mentioned reason in writing?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 August 2017

If you wish, you may attach the said copy of said circular and communications exchanged by you.

You may erase the names, logo etc to maintain the confidentiality.

Ankit   02 August 2017

Despite reminding you to reply pointwise to all poinst raised to support you and for further discussion;You have not replied to: Does it have condition that it shall not apply to employees that tender notice of resignation before said date of July? Has the establishment declined to pay in writing and mentioned reason in writing?

Its no where written in the appointment that notice period will not be counted as my service period
First i has asked them verbaly & they denied & told me that we will pay you only if you revoke your resignation.
for that reason i has make this conversation in written & according to the reply they said it is the company practice to not to pay it as you would no longer be the employ after .

Regards

Ankit

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register