Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cynthia (None)     22 February 2010

Question regarding Divorce matter

Hello Respected members of the forum,

I want ask a question regarding divorce. I have petitioned the court for divorce proceedings against my husband and he came for the first hearing and then he left India and went abroad. Now I have been to the courts and they have granted an interim maintenance but they have stopped coming to the courts. The court has send them a letter to come for the proceedings and for payments. If they don't pay maintenance what could the courts do since he is not present here. What are the other possibilities that I have in this situation?

Regards

Learning

4 Replies

Daksh (Student)     22 February 2010

Dear Ms.Cynthia, As it is evident from your mail under reply in case your husband is deliberately avoiding attending the court then he can be proceeded ex parte in the matter. You have not mentioned as to whether you husband has engaged an Advocate or not as in his absence his Advocate can plead his case. Best Regards Daksh

Hello Daksh,

Thanks for the response, yes he has employed a lawyer and was present for the hearing of the maintenance and after that they have not responded. I would like to know what else can the court do and what are the other options as mentioned in my question above

Regards

Thank you advocate Prabhakar for the reply.

He did file reply to the petition. I have a couple of queries and I would appreciate if you could respond

1) I didn't understand the term "The court can strike off the defence of the husband if he does not comply the court order"

2) I can file a recovery suit but if his property is co-owned  along with his family members than what options do I have?

Thanks once again in advance for the prompt responses from the team.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register