Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     10 September 2016

Time period for exparte

Dear Learned Members,

How much time it takes for a court to order exparte divorce.

The case is into serving the notice stage since a year.  Recently the notice is served.  Lawyer said that even if the opponent will not turn up then too it will take atleast a year for the court to order an exparte divorce.

Please impart your wonderful knowledge on this and throw light on after service of notice, opponent do not turn up on the coming dates everytime, how long it takes for exparte order?

I do not understand the logic of a lawyer where in he is saying that it will atleast take a year even though the opponent do not turn up.

Learning

2 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     10 September 2016

Your lawyer is wrong. Court can declare a party as exparty on very first date if after recieving summons opposite party don't come.

Give a written applicaton to the court to issue exparty orders against respondent/defendent.

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     13 September 2016

Can anyone know any judgements wherein exparte is awarded on the very next date?

I asked many lawyers and all of them have different opinions.  Some said it will take a year, some said 6 months and some 3 months.  Some said that the issues will be framed.

I have no idea about this.  Anybody faced such things? or anybody lucky enough to get exparte on the very first date?  Please share with us.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register