Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAJESH H NISHAR   16 June 2016

Tenant problem

dear sir,

We have property in Thane Maharashtra with 42 tenants which we had buyed from original landlord in 1985. The area of property is around 360sq.mtrs. and the rent we get is 2700/- to 3600/- for 12 months  for the area 150 to 225 sq.ft. now the tenants have sub lets the premises and some are not paying the rents for last 5 years. i as an landlord is staying in rented property in Mumbai and paying monthly rent of 29,500/-. also the building was declared dhoka dayak by Thane Municipal 2 years back. Now the tenants have hired a contractor who did structural audit and repaired the building plasters and part repair work. what should i do in this case where half of the tenants are not paying rent and some have sublet the property.

Learning

2 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     17 June 2016

Have u done registered rent agreement with tenant?

The maintenance expenditure was done by whom you or tenant?

You need to give them notice for payment of rent on time or vacate the premises.

If your agreement allow subletting then it is legal other wise illegal.

RAJESH H NISHAR   17 June 2016

1) I don't knw as it is 1965 bldg and we have purchased from landlord in 1985. 2) Maintenance expenditure was done by tenant. 3) Also I wanted to know if my tenant have died than does the tenancy rights automatically goes to legal heirs or his son??? 4) No agreement is made for sub letting

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register