LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mukherjee   06 June 2016

inter caste marriage

I am a Brahmin boy (Mukherjee), I want to marry a schedule caste girl (Das). Can the girl change her caste to Brahmin through affidavit or any other means? And is there any legal obligation in marrying her?

Learning

7 Replies

Deepak (law)     06 June 2016

Person cant change caste. He can only change religion. Check supreme court judgment mohd. Saddique v.s darbara singh cwp 4870 of 2015

Person cant change caste. He can only change religion. Check supreme court judgment mohd. Saddique v.s darbara singh cwp 4870 of 2015

saravanan s (legal advisor)     06 June 2016

You can marry her and its legally valid but she cant change her caste

(Guest)

You can change religion, but you cant change mindset and upbringing of a person, if she adjusts with you it is fine, but if she cant, both of you will be in problem.  False cases of rape, kidnap, attempt to murder may all be in the pipeline.  Honour killing?  Yes, it is still prevalent in our country is it not?  Be careful with your choices, what do decide now will change the future forever.

I suggest you to drop the matter and find someone else, such marriages dont work, your hunger will be till you bed her.

A walk alone (-)     06 June 2016

Caste dnt change only religion changes. Love has no caste or religion. But before marriage remember only thing every caste has its own culture. Its become difficult for people of different caste to adjust after marriage

Mukherjee   06 June 2016

Thanks all for your valuable advice. I understand the problems cited by you all that may come with this type of marriage. Irrespective of the fact, this marriage happens or not, I don't think I will ever be able to mentally 'move on' from this relationship. May be staying bachelor is my destiny as marrying some one else is out of question when I don't love that girl. Time has come, when our government should support citizens based on their per capita income and not by their caste and religion. India is the fastest developing economy in the world, I just hope people of this country could have developed mentally at the same rate. Thanks to all once again.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register