LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharat B (CSR)     21 January 2010

Stamp Duty

I am reside in Navi Mumbai ( Maharashtra). I am in process to purchase an under construction flat. As per instruction of builder I have submitted D D for stamp duty for the same flat, then builder has done franking of the same DD which was widrawn in the favor of IDBI bank. I got the paper where it is mentioned that Stamp duty has been paid. However, the registration of the flat is not done on my name. Builder said, there is some issue which is delaying the clearance of plot.
Now it has been almost 1 year when I have paid the stamp duty but the registration is not done. Builder has said I have to pay another stamp duty for the same flat as it has cross the validity period.
Is it possible to get refund that I have paid as the stamp duty one year back or can you suggest me a way

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

no you can not get refund of the unused stamp duty paid. you have to executed the documents with 6 months from the date of stamp duty paid

Bharat B (CSR)     21 January 2010

Thanks for the information.  What if the builder is agree for the registration of the flat on my name? Can I use the same franked stamp duty which was done 1 year ago.. Can we still use it?

Plz advice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register