LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay Kumar G   20 March 2016

Urgent help needed in divorce

I got married to an Oriya Girl in Aug 2014. It was registered Marrigage. No one in my family or in the girl family knows about the marriage. After marriage she went to Orissa and I was in Chennai. I got a job in PSU bank as well. We were having conversations through phone calls. Later our ideas did not match and I felt that she and me cant live together, In this mean time I fell in love with my colleague, and since I thought that my wife would understand me well. I told her that u and me married in ug 2014 we did not live together and our thoughts are not the same now. I am in love with another girl who works in my office so I asked her to give me divorce. My wife from Orissa was initially OK with my decision and she asked me proof of having fell in love with another girl. I have given her proof like train tickets, movie tickets, hotel booking and all the chats I made with my colleague. Now with this she has given me a legal notice for conjugal life, also she has sent a legal notice to my colleague as well to be far away from me. She is alo threating me that she will file FIR againt me and my colleague in police station and also since I am working in PSU bank she will also come and make issues in my branch, I want to get divorce from her. Please suggest. Also I need a lawyer who can help me out.

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     20 March 2016

Since aug 2014 to till date you are living seperately no physical relation is made means you have no kids right, i guess you both are hindu, file an application u/s 11&12 of hindu marriage act for making nullity/ voidable of your marriage on the ground of non consummate of the marriage.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     21 March 2016

Since you both had registered your marriage you need to divorce her legally and then only you can marry your girlfriend.i dont understand how you first thought you both were made for each other and now you feel different without even living with her.and what were you doing all these two years without taking any step to join her and lead a matrimonial life.my advice would be to forget your girlfriend and join your wife or else you would prepare yourself to face the worst.

Sanjay Kumar G   21 March 2016

We both spoke over phone. Fought on many issues . Our ideas did not match. During college we did not think about anything. Is there any legal help which I can get

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register