LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj Oswal (none)     26 September 2015

Legal succession using forged signatures

There is pretty large property related to a lady 'L' who has no legal heirs. The property is owned by the Army leased to the Mother  of "L"  (lets call her 'M') who deceased many years ago. Now, "L" is in her last stage.  

This lady'L"  became mentally invalid in 2010. Court proceedings were initiated by me to declare her mentally invalid. In 2014 I managed to get a high court order declaring her mentally invalid since 2010. 

In 2011, certain land sharks got the property register/lease agreement changed from 'M' to "L" using forged* singatures. It came to my notice now that this forgery has happened in 2011. This transfer was done with an intention of taking over the property by way of the the moment this lady "L" dies. 

What would be the correct procedure to get this transfer from "M" to "L" reversed? 

Further, is there a procedure to get this land transferred back to the Army? How can this be initiated?

Can I initiate these procedures as I am her primary caretaker. As per order of the court a public notice was issued and no one came forward to claim of being a heir or legal heir of this lady.

Secondly, can action be initiated against the people who submitted this affidavit with forged* signature and the person who obtained this signature?

Manoj Oswal

* Forged in the sense that signatures obtained after she became of unsoaund disposing mind as per the doctor appointed by the court.

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

so it is a leasehold property. may i know the period of lease? is the period already over ? if yes the property is automatically transferred back to army.

if not over, then please inform the registrar of property for a name correction and also inform the army if necessary. the signature has no value since that is obtained after she got mentally invalid.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register