LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

miranda sen (executive)     30 December 2009

One sided Divorce

Is there any law of one sided Divorce?mean without prior information of any of the one party?

Learning

14 Replies

vishvesh (general manager)     30 December 2009

no

miranda sen (executive)     30 December 2009

thanks sir for ur kind reply............my sister is separated for last 2yrs & 6 mnth.....she has not suit any case against her husband.....she has a 2 yrs old son...before her separation he(husband) suit a case against her that is restitution of conjugal rights....after that my sister launched a 125 maintanance & interim maintenance case against her husband....after recieved her(my sister) case he convinced her to go their house....& my sister also agreed to go there.....after that she got pragnant.....then he again started to torturing her..& forced her to go out from their house.....from her pregnancy period she is living with her  parent ....then after a long period ...she want 2 move forward..she want 2 proceed a case....what should she do sir?she has no income.

vishvesh (general manager)     30 December 2009

try to find out social workers, NGO and this site which will help u

miranda sen (executive)     31 December 2009

apprehending ex-parte,by some dishonest way ie proving refusal of notice by me or posing me at the court by another woman. then how can she know the actual position as she is totally in dark about her husband.kind advce is requested in the situation.one clue that the layer and a clerk deputed by her to get the certified copies of the previous cases have been delaying to give the certified copy.By which she can proceed to continue the previous case of 125?

miranda sen (executive)     06 January 2010

sir ,we already got the certifeid copy of previous case...& there mentioned that "that the suit is decreed ex parte against the responded.The petitioner do get a decree of divorce of restoration on 30.07.2007"   what does it mean sir??is he already got the ex parte divorce?then what will we do sir???pls reply sir.we are waiting for your kind reply

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     06 January 2010

studied your case history.

While her husband prayed for rcr ie sec.9 of hindu marriage act, she did not attend the court. most probably she did not receive the notice and her husband not allowed her to stay in her matrimonial home, with an intention to make the case (rcr) ex-party. This decree is from district court. therefore she has to pray at high court.

before that she should complain to local thana/mahila thana, and lodged a complain against her husband under sec 498a ie for cruelty to a married woman by her in laws. Domestic violance (dv) act is also available for such cases, but my opinion 498a is more powerfull quick actionable. fraud under sec 420/ipc is there..contempt of court is also there as because he kept the court in dark intentionally. you just rush your sister to MAHILA THANA immediately, your all problems will be solved thrre.whether your sister getting any maintenance or not.

whether she claims maintence at the court where rcr was filed or any other place? ask police for maintenance immediately. always keep contact and post daily improvement of your case in this web page here. you will genuine advicess here.

ex party means though you have received the notice but did not attend the court either personally or by an advocate. cleaver persons did not allow / manipulate to deliver the court notice to the respondent and tried to make their case, ex-party. if you understand the thana/mahila thana not co-operting properly, then go directly to sp/ dsp/collector/home minister without hesitation. you go to mahila thana they will explain you all.

The fact is at the court they showed that - though you have received the court notice of rcr, but you delibaretly / willfully ignore the notice.the court must have send notice three times, and every time you have ignored. you have to prove that the above three notice did not received by you. i know that sometimes advocates, court clerk,etc, do this type of job due to bribe . i suspect the same in your case. however they will caught and punished. in your maintenance, court expencess will also be included.

1 Like

B.N.Rajamohamed (advocate / commissioner of oaths)     08 January 2010

Sir,

First you consult a lawyer before proceeding with the case. Don't ask such type of playfull questions. Law and lawyers must be honoured.

paromita (unemployed)     03 September 2010

Seeking help,kindly let me know the legal  procedure how to file a case for divorce. I am a resident of delhi,

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     03 September 2010

ms paromita,

you have to file your case at your nearest family court.

you have to put some grounds like adulyry, cruelty, desertation etc.

also you may go for mutual divorce, if your husband also desires it.

first of all you put your problems here.

dona (stylish)     15 December 2014

hi,

My brother have filed a divorce case against his wife 3 years back but yet no result took place. by making witness of both the lawyer and signed in a paper she took all her belongings from our home. but  suddenly my bhabi stopped contacting her lawyer and as per her last words with her she said that as i got all my belongings i will not run the case any more, let him suffer for the rest of his life.

My question is-

1.is there any way for one-sided divorce as we can clearly understand that she want to spoil my brothers life by not giving him divorce. 

2.how much time it will take for it.

Please help! we are in big trouble. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More