Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NiceManMyself (self)     21 January 2015

Joint property settlement after ex-pat divorce

Hello experts,

I have a peculiar issue. I got ex-pat divorce in December 2013, after separation from my wife in Aug 2011. She has gone absconding along with her brother, as they both have fed up in their lives and to persue their spiritual interests. I got a communication from her in Aug 2012 stating that i need to contact her lawyer for all future correspondence. For divroce, same address was used, though she received the court materials, she didn't turn up, and case was delivered in my favour.  During that time, their lawyer mentioned that she would give power of attorney to join-properties after divorce settlement, and that she is not money minded. Same as mentioned in pettion, and this is mentioned in divorce decree also

I have been trying through my lawyer to meet ex-wife's lawyer, to get power of attorney done since last one year... there is no progress, and now i hear that their lawyer is not able to trace her, or she is not responding to his calls.

Seems there is dead lock, and how do I deal with this, to transfer the proprties in my name? The property was acquired by me, with my earnings, and she didn't contribute any thing financially

Learning

3 Replies

NiceManMyself (self)     24 January 2015

Dear esteemed lawyers and resident experts, can you please guide me with your advice ?

NiceManMyself (self)     03 February 2015

It would be of great help if i can get some guide me on this....

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     03 February 2015

contact a lawyer personally with all documents, it will be better to get best advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register