LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreedhar   08 May 2024

Issue with house tenants

Dear Sir/Madam, Let me explain my problem in detail. I live in Chennai. I gave my houses(2) for rent to some 3rd party on a monthly rent basis. They gave my house to some tenants for lease. The agreement is for 11 months between me and the 3rd party. Initially they paid the rent promptly. But as the time passes they started giving trouble. I had to follow-up with them several times to get my rent. The agreement for both my houses was also got expired in last year. Its been 10 months now since i get rent from them. They are neither giving rent nor settling the amount to the tenants. They are unreachable now. Some of the tenants and house owners put case against them and police arrested that guy. But he got a bail and he is happily roaming in the city. The tenants are not willing to vacate my house until they get their amount from the 3rd party. I already filed a case (eviction) in the court. Waiting for 1st hearing from the court in June month. Considering this situation, could you please suggest what is the better way to vacate tenants from my house or atleast get some minimum rent from them? Will i get positive result from the court? Thanks in advance!


 5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 May 2024

Since you have already filed a suit for eviction against them and the first hearing of the  case is posted for June this year, you may wait and foillow the process of law  through court properly.

By just filing a suit in the court you will not get the solution or relief immediately.

It is a regular case, it may take years to get disposed, hence patience is very important here 


Sidhhi   09 May 2024

Just a suggestion for future. Register the LL agreement and add a clause that the property is rented out for self use only and can't be subleted. Incase it's not vacated by the end of agreed tenure tenant is liable to pay double the rent and take PDCs towards the period you rent out the property. Good luck.

Sreedhar   09 May 2024

Thank you very much for your prompt replies Sir. Could you please let me know would i get positive result from the court case and approximately how many years it will take to get result?

Sidhhi   09 May 2024

Your advocate knows so ask him there is huge backlog of pending cases. But don't frequent adjournments by the opposite party. If you are a senior citizen ask your advocate to bring it on records but unfortunately judges don't take it seriously. After 10 yrs Haal kaisa hai zanab ka?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 May 2024

The judgment by court is unpredictable. 

You can rely upon the strong pleadings,  arguments and proper documentary evidences in your possession in order to succeed in the case. 

The time taken for disposal of the case also cannot be predicted owing to various factors involved in this. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register