LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nasser (QC)     19 November 2014

Issue with builder

The builder is threatening to cancel my flat after me having paid Rs. 27.6 lakhs as he claims that another 5.3 lakhs is overdue. The total consideration for the flat was Rs 30 lakhs + Electricity connection fee for which they are charging 2.3 lakhs. So total is 32..3 lakhs. They have put the last slab and claiming the full balance of 5.33 lacs. The internal works are fully balance If I pay up this amount I will have completed my payment in full but the flat as per them will only be handed over in March 2015 something which is also unlikely as the current progress is at least 2 months behind what is supposed to be in case they handover in March 2015. I have told him that I will pay this amount 5.33 lacs based on actual progress on a monthly basis till actual handover but he is still threatening to cancel. Also I have not yet signed the contract with them so far. I have paid the amount based on the initial agreement. Need your assistance in seeing what is the best option for me in this case.All payments have been made through the bank only. The flat was to have been handed over in July 2013 . My email address is nasser.kunju@gmail.com. I am based in UAE .My local number here is 00971504621320. You need to call me on this number. Need your quick response on what can be done 

Learning

1 Replies

farhat warsi (Solicitor/Advocate)     24 November 2014

Hi Mr Nasser

I am not very surprised with the issue you are facing as lot of builders are doing this. It is best to seek immediate help from an advocate who deals with such cases.

I am dealing with one such builders for couple of my clients. I am based in New Delhi.

If you need advice you can contact me on 0091 9999794035 or email me on warsisolicitors09@hotmail.com

Wish you the very best.

Regards

Farhat, Advocate/Solicitor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register