Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Archna ( -)     17 July 2014

Money recovery suit

Sir,

I have purchased some property in Bangalore from X and paid the amount of registry.the X wanted some payment cash which we could not afford being a service person based on salary so no black money available with us.Hence the registry and the  period to execute sale deed was delaying. the X  suggested  to give him a  blank cheque  without name and date with amount and signature on the cheque and we  agreed to give security cheque and to  make payment within  one month (for arranging cash from sources)  will be given and the blank cheque will be returned to us.against cash. within a month the  money in cash was arranged  and paid.while paying cash the X aggreed to return the cheque in lieu of cash but after getting cash, he denied the cheque with him and told that his friend has the same and  also told that he was out of station. On smelling something wrong we asked bank to stop  the cheque payment  as it was blank and could be used by anybody.X put his name and date of the period  three months later and presented in bank in his village and after two months again presented in Bangalore . However the x started harrassing and saying nonsence and sent notice through advocate  to Myself and then to my husband for the cheque bouncing under NIA. As the notice was replied in time for both, he kept silent  for one year. now he  has filed petition in the civil court in  his native village as he presented the  cheque one time in village and has given his native address. Though he stays in Bangalore and  prior notices sent from Bangalore address where he has his business and residence ,all the previous occurrances too happened in Bangalore.Just to harrass us he has filed the case in far away village court.Moreover he has shown that  after purcahse of property, we require money and have taken loan  from him on varbal dealing being a good friend of him and to pay with 12% interest  withing two to  three  months.Also he put interets and added t principal amount of 12% for one year alongwith the principal amount.We trusted  him and paid cash to him which he says still due and treatening to us by hook or krooke. we are affreaid of going far away court  to his native  town as he is a big local goon. I would like to know  , that can we shift the case to Bangalore city under highcourt jurisdiction(though we have a local lawyer from that court who denies for any shifting of case from there to city)  and on what ground we can fight as he has also submitted false affidavit.He has filed the case based on blank cheque and our notice reply of denial of anything which he claimed. there is no legal documents, promisorynote and any aggreement signed by us except the blank cheque which he is misusing. please help me and suggest to get out of  this problem. 

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 July 2014

It appears to be a high handed criminally motivated cheating case.  From the details you have given, it appears to be very weak and frail ground on which he has filed a money recovery suit.  Consult a good local lawyer and challenge the case fittingly, I don't think he will be able to prove his claim especially with regard to the notice issued one year ago, which was duly replied, he kept quite for one year after that and now has come with latest evil designs to claim money fraudulently.  challenge it, you have good merits on your side.

Archna ( -)     19 July 2014

thanks a lot for assurance and support.Yes the X person is a goon and in association with his freinds he used to get finance to fulfil his dreams and investments. It seems he has planned well in advance which we didnot know and trusted him of him being extra polite to get all thes works. However I want to know whether the case ca be transferred to Bangalore from local village because occurance happened in bangalore city and all prior notices he sent  form his Bangalore address and  the receipts and payment pertaining to  the propery purchase also has his local address. Only he tried to deposit the given blank cheque  in his village and showed his residence in the court as native of village.I hope sec. 20  can be applied to this  for case transfer. I have got a local lawyer from the same  village court who denies applicability of this. 

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     19 July 2014

Accepting and adding to the views of Adv.Kalai sir, yes u can try for the same under section 20(a) of cpc. This fellow should have taken leave from the court for initiating cases against defendant who is not residing  within the local limits of court jurisdiction.

Archna ( -)     20 July 2014

Thanks again.Yes beaically his intentions are to harras by calling him to his native vilage court and  threatening by his gang there so that we succumb to the pressure to give him money. Basically he also lives in Bnaglore and have transport business and investments.It is just like a lottory for him as extra loot. I want the case to be transferred to Bangalore so that he cannot take extra advantage for that.

Thanks a lot for giving your valuable advise and moral supports in this crucial time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register