LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kianna (Teacher)     09 June 2014

Divorce

I have 2 small kids and want divorce from my husband, i want to keep both the kids with me, I have not initiated any conversation with my husband so far, as far as I know the moment I will speak to him about the same he would want to keep both or atleast one, please advice how can I keep both the kids with me?

Learning

4 Replies

PRAVIN R (M.Com., LL.B)     09 June 2014

If your children have not completed the age of five years then you can keep custody of them. Under law the father is the natural guardian.

Kianna (Teacher)     12 June 2014

Thanks a ton Sir for your revert, I would also want to know what will happen after my kids urn 5 and who would have higher chances of getting the custody, my husband is financially strong his monthly income is around Rs 90,000 and mine is Rs 20,000 other than this we dont have another property in our name. What extra can i do to make my case stronger.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     12 June 2014

you can ask maintenance for your kids and your lawyer can fight for the custody of your children but court will provide him visitation rights and if court thinks that father can take care of the kids not only financially but also in other things court will grant custody

Kianna (Teacher)     12 June 2014

On what grounds can the lawyer fight so that I can get the custody forever, financially he is strong however I can spend more time with the kids, as of now i am really unsure and need appropriate advice 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register