Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jithin Raj (Student)     27 April 2014

Date of birth mismatch

hi

i am an engineering graduate.I have an issue regarding my date of birth..My date of birth in birth certificate is 09/08/1993...But in all my academic certificates SSLC,plus two, and degree certificates it is 09/05/1993..

when am applying for passport will this date of birth mismatch be a problem?..

Is there any problem if i apply with my date of birth in birth certificate?

can any one please say what are all the steps i need to take to fix this problem...

Thanks in advance..... 

Learning

7 Replies

Adv. Santosh Yadav (Advocate/Lawyer)     27 April 2014

The rules for name mismathc differs from the different adminstrative departments

since it is passport department they will follow strict rules and regulations. Plz go the passport authority of your jurisdiction and they will give certain format for affidavit and they may also direct you what to do.

Adv. Santosh Yadav, Mumbai

info@lexwork.in, 9820959658

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 April 2014

I will agree with views of Mr Gautam Kapoor.  I would add

Truth is singular lies are many.

How is ti possible that someone's date of birth is wrongly recorded in schoopls records. Even if the parents are illiterate still teachers do check brith certificate and do not enter the date of brith unless they are satisfied.

In most of the cases parents do commit some deliberate fraud and hoodwing the school authorities and secure a wrong DOB.

In some cases schoold authorities negligently enter wrong date at board entrance stage but the data is cross checked and yet on receipt of matriculation certificate you had notice of wrong date of birth.

In some cases persons are born in a family of abject poverty and illteracy in a very remote area and none knows correct date of birth  In such case the assumed incorrect date is recorded every where be it matriculation certificate of or passport.

Date of birth at college level is the same as you report them.

Please come with truth. Without that proper advise cannot be given.

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=83661&offset=1

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Date-of-birth-mismatch-101461.asp#.U10GsKI1hn4

vishwas (student)     07 June 2015

hello sir,my mother has date of birth 24/10/1964 on her passport which is same as d.o.b on her 10th certificate.But on other documents except 10th certificate d.o.b. is 29/10/1965.My brother has applied for P.R in Canada and has given date as 29/10/1965.After giving this date we realized our mistake.Now i am also going to apply for study visa for Canada . I am confused which date to give in the field of mother's information.Can we get her date of birth changed on passport from 24/10/1964 to 29/10/1965 legally.She doesn't have any birth cerifcate

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 June 2015

Originally posted by : vishwas
hello sir,my mother has date of birth 24/10/1964 on her passport which is same as d.o.b on her 10th certificate.But on other documents except 10th certificate d.o.b. is 29/10/1965.My brother has applied for P.R in Canada and has given date as 29/10/1965.After giving this date we realized our mistake.Now i am also going to apply for study visa for Canada . I am confused which date to give in the field of mother's information.Can we get her date of birth changed on passport from 24/10/1964 to 29/10/1965 legally.She doesn't have any birth cerifcate

your query is on procedure. contact passport office.

vishwas (student)     07 June 2015

i contacted the passport office they said you need to file a court case and still the correction might not be done.what should i do sir??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register