LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kalouadventure (Kalou Adventure and Culture)     25 February 2015

Form c for foreigners


As foreigner, trying to register as resident in India (one year employment visa) as every year, this year, I'm asked for one FORM C but the FRO does'nt know how to get it.

Apparently, the owner of the place I rent MUST register this place first, then register me. But he doesn't want, doesn't even know to read and write English, so how possible ??? And in the village (Mamallapuram), no one guest house, hotel is registered.

So, we, foreigners are trapped !

Please give advice, thank you very much.


 5 Replies

Anonymous1 (N/A)     26 February 2015

Form C is the Hotel/Guesthouse/Dak Bunglow responsibility, not the Foreigner's. The host may get themselves registered at and then electronically transmit the Form C.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 March 2015

It is the responsibility of the hosts and not the guests, so if this host is not responding properly you may look for another who is in the knowledge of such local issues to be taken care of.

1 Like

kalouadventure (Kalou Adventure and Culture)     02 March 2015

Thank you. Yes the main issue is that, in Mamallapuram where I stay, impossible to find one place (hotel, guest house, owner of house who rent rooms) which has been registered properly.  So us foreigners who need mandatory Form C are trapped like rats. Please what to do ?

One guest house has registered (request for FORM C application) in July 2014 and is still waiting for approval from the FRRO in Kancheepuram. They have called, sent email, no one reaction.

So there is one big issue with this FORM C !! Because if it is not mandatory, how can it work ?? And of course the hosts want to keep their business in opacity because of tax maybe ?
Is it one way to push foreigners outside India ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 March 2015

This is not the intention of the government to push the foreigners out of India.  This lapse is due to the lethargy and callous attitude of the people sitting in the offices of the authority to supervise such lapses.  Another issue is that to avoid paying heavy taxes, the guest house owners adopt such tactics due to which the sufferers or victims will be the so called guests.  This is not a remote incident confined to Mahabalipuram alone, this happens in Goa, in the union territories of Diu  etc.   However, the government of  Pondicherry takes care of such issues immediately when any such incidence is reported to the authorities.  You have to look for an alternative based on the hints.

Jigar   16 December 2020

are you facing problem regarding C-Form, H-Form?

Disputed with Buyer?

Buyer not Giving C-Form or H-Form

contact me @ 94094 90194

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register