IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash Narrain (Professional)     17 September 2010

Foreign subjects and inheritance

Can a foreigner be a legal heir to the inheritance of an Indian through marriage? If so, can she sign documents in the presence of legal authorities such as notaries and magistrates in India with respect to the estate of her deceased husband and obtain her share in the inheritance?


I look forward to hearing the throughts of the learned forum members on this issue.


 2 Replies


You can also file this question in property forum and you will get better results.

Prakash Narrain (Professional)     17 September 2010

Thanks, I'll post it there.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query