Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nagaseshu   27 October 2015

Forefathers property

Dear Sir, We are living in home which is of our forefathers, now i wanted to register on my name for housing loan purpose, but there is no registered document available as it was not purchased from anybody. Now please advise me how to register this property on my name


 4 Replies

srinivasan.r. (Lawyer, 9444000813)     27 October 2015

Try to get details from revenue authorities , before that it is not advisable to venture in to this.

R Siva Subramanian (Advocate)     27 October 2015

With revenue records such as 'property-tax', 'patta', execution of 'Settlement Deed'/'partition deed' in your favour is possible.  After registration of such deed, you can go ahead with transfer of property in your name and loan.

Nagaseshu   28 October 2015

Sir, Thank you for your reply

Property Tax and Electrical Meter are there on my fathers name

I wanted to register this on my name from my father.. let me know the possible way forward

srinivasan.r. (Lawyer, 9444000813)     28 October 2015

I do not think these documents are sufficient to get it transfered, you need to have further information from concerned revenue authorities.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register