Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raevika Srivastava (Employee)     01 October 2015

Forcing for working on national holiday

Dear Sir/Mam,

I'm Raevika Srivastava working as accountant in Healthcare sector. we provide ambulance services for shiftion of patients. tomorrow, i.e. on 2nd october 2015, we have been forcing to come to the office as our regular working of the company and they are neither giving any extra pay nor giving any other compensatory leave against this. infact they made a rule that if we take leave tomorrow, they will deduct 2 days salary. i don't know what to do now?

Learning

2 Replies

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     02 October 2015

Hope by now you would have worked with resentment. Last year all Govt employees were forced to attend office on Gandhi Jayanti and do cleaning work. This year, your company choose to target you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 October 2015

First of all Determine:

What is this healthcare establishment: Private,Govt etc?

You are employeed direct with it or thru a Contractor? If yes who is the Principle Employer also: Private,Govt etc?

Then determine both Contractor and Principle Employer are:

Coverd by which Act say: State Shops and Estabs Act

You are located in which state?

Your reporting office is located in which state? The Redg. office is located in which state?

How many person are employed in your employer? Does standing Orders (certified?model) apply to it?

Whats is your designation and nature of duties?

Is your establishment and your designation coverd under 'Essential Services'?

Has your company been coverd by national holiday Act etc............?

Has it issued list of holidays?

Are you a member of employee's/trade unions?

Once you have determined approach your union leaders and Inspector appointed under the Act and inquire.

There should be a provision of OT,compensatory off.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register