Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Khushya (-)     16 October 2014

Forced to work even after notice period

Hi,

I am working with top Indian IT company so called no 1 in india. I am mid level IT professional around 9+ years of experience and joined as lateral. I was promised one role while joining and was forced to do another work post joining. I spoke to my manager and he said the change will happen soon as the promised position is not present. I worked hard for 5 months and realized that this was plain lie.They wanted me to continue like this for 5 more months and got to know that they tricked in several people like this in the project. I was forced to work as project lead while my competency was very high in technical work with architect position. I spoke to my manager several times even in written but in vain. I approached HR but she was not of any help.

Finally I called it quit and put my papers. My manager kept rejecting my resignation saying we had discussion and I kept pushing through as it is in place for 3 times. Now 1 month notice period is over and those folks wants me to server my notice period which I already did!!! All this has caused my server health issue. The stress triggered anxiety and I am taking treatment for it. My doctor had advised rest and keep stress at bay. I submitted the medical diagnosis and certificate to office but they say that they can not give me leave and asked to serve notice period once again. I did not went to office for past 2 weeks and applied leaves. I have mail from HR to attend office immediately and my manger claiming that he tried to reach me several times. My mobile records can show that he is lying. He called me only once and I was in middle of my relaxation class hence can not attend.

I am feeling very helpless and know that more stress will spoil my health further. Please provide me guidance on how to tackle this.

Regards....

A harressed employee

Learning

2 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     16 October 2014

1. You have already submitted the notice period and have served for such period also.

2. The fact remains that they are in receipt of your resignation and are not giving you relieving letter.

3. You need not give a second notice period letter.

4. You have followed the terms of your appointment letter and have given such notice period letter.

5. You can cut off further communication with them. 

Khushya (-)     16 October 2014

Thank you so much Rohit for the response.

I have all mail proofs for my resignation, asking for replacement & KT plan, serving notice period etc. My HR has already threatened me that she is going to put bad remarks in database for me in case verification comes for next jobs. I am just worried as they won't give me my relieving letter , full and final settlement including PF letters.

Is there any way to get those?

Best Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register