Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RADHA RAWAT   12 June 2017

Forced by cente head to leave job- pregnant woman

Dear All,

I would like to draw your kind attention on the topic i am sharing with you, which is related to me also.

I am a 6 months pregnant lady who joined office in October'2016, there was probation period of 6 months was given in my Joining letter which i have completed in March'2017.

Before one month ago my reporting head and Centre head knew that i am pregnant and from the day, they started to notice my incoming and outgoing, also started to do comments on me about my work even timing in eating, walking and washroom also. Few days before, they appointed a new employee on my place by saying that she will work with me and will help me, please trained her. As she took over my work, they transferred me to another work profile which i did not handle in my working tenure. Day by day, they are torturning me and showing me that i am doing nothing here. Today Centre head of the organization called me and said some bitter words that i am a burden on organization and getting pension without doing anything.

Before knowing my status, everything was okay and i was working good in their views.

Today he also said me to leave organization and said that your current month salary would be given to you on payment date so go and sit your home. I deny to go and sit at home so they decided not to give me any work.

I am a working lady and staying with my family on a rented house. I am also able to do hard work but as they know, in future i might be liability on organization so they are changing thier words and forcing me to leave job.

Please help me....

Tell me what procedures must be followed and what laws are come under in my situation.

Regards

Radha Rawat

Learning

12 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 June 2017

Originally posted by : RADHA RAWAT
Dear All,

I would like to draw your kind attention on the topic i am sharing with you, which is related to me also.

I am a 6 months pregnant lady who joined office in October'2016, there was probation period of 6 months was given in my Joining letter which i have completed in March'2017.

Before one month ago my reporting head and Centre head knew that i am pregnant and from the day, they started to notice my incoming and outgoing, also started to do comments on me about my work even timing in eating, walking and washroom also. Few days before, they appointed a new employee on my place by saying that she will work with me and will help me, please trained her. As she took over my work, they transferred me to another work profile which i did not handle in my working tenure. Day by day, they are torturning me and showing me that i am doing nothing here. Today Centre head of the organization called me and said some bitter words that i am a burden on organization and getting pension without doing anything.

Before knowing my status, everything was okay and i was working good in their views.

Today he also said me to leave organization and said that your current month salary would be given to you on payment date so go and sit your home. I deny to go and sit at home so they decided not to give me any work.

I am a working lady and staying with my family on a rented house. I am also able to do hard work but as they know, in future i might be liability on organization so they are changing thier words and forcing me to leave job.

Please help me....

Tell me what procedures must be followed and what laws are come under in my situation.

Regards

Radha Rawat

Have you submitted,copy of Dr’s Rx showing tentative date of pregnancy delivery?

Do you any irrefutable evidence of all points that you have posted?

Your DOJ is: October'2016.

What is your tentative date of delivery as per doctor?

During pregnancy the act of termination of pregnant woman employee would be illegal.

Pregnancy is not sickness.

Getting pregnant is not misconduct.

Submit under proper acknowledgment to good offices of appointing authority/MD/CEO, the copy of Dr’s Rx showing tentative date of pregnancy delivery…………………..even if by email from personal email id and attach scanned copies of Dr’s Rx showing tentative date of pregnancy delivery.

The Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act, 2017 has provisions for support to woman employees.  

https://labour.gov.in/whatsnew/maternity-benefit-amendment-act2017

https://labour.gov.in/sites/default/files/Maternity%20Benefit%20Amendment%20Act%2C2017%20.pdf

Work from home provision the effective date seems to be 1/7/2017.

Go thru Clause: 3(5),  4; Insertion of Sec;11A and similar threads by searching in ‘SEARCH’ option. e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Clarification-on-amendment-on-maternity-benefits-act-149755.asp

Also go thru; Maternity Benfit Act, 1961. https://www.ilo.org/dyn/travail/docs/678/maternitybenefitsact1961.pdf  

RADHA RAWAT   12 June 2017

My delivery date is in 28 September 2017 and I got checkup and taking medicine of pregnancy. Before one they know that I am pregnant. Even they were irritated when I ask to get checkup for my pregnancy and hardly they allowed to go. I have my joining letter and they have camera recordings. I was working as Front office executive from last 7.5 months but as they appointed my new employee to replace me, she is taking care of my duties and I have been transferred to the profile in which I did not work. It selling and calling profile.Today's evening they again forced me to leave the job.

RADHA RAWAT   13 June 2017

Could you please, what is the role of submitting Dr. Rx or Tentative date? what benefit i will get of this?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 June 2017

Originally posted by : RADHA RAWAT
Could you please, what is the role of submitting Dr. Rx or Tentative date? what benefit i will get of this?

During the Maternity benefit period employment can not be terminated.

I have already provided with links for Act, notifications, amendments, illsutrated links..............

Go thru these carefully.

Generate irrefutable evidence of demand of resignation , harassment etc 

Do you have any such evidence?

You have not repleid to: Have you submitted,copy of Dr’s Rx showing tentative date of pregnancy delivery?

Do you have it's acknowledgment and POD?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register