for central govt. employees

Personal Assistant

Hiiiiiiiiii  Dear friends, this is kumar gaurva Steno in Department of Posts, I have a quirey which is tossing me too much these days as i am waiting anxiously for the final results of SSC CGL 2010. I am quite sure that at least in one category of Posts I will be selected. My problem is that I had sought for the permission to appear in this exam well in time ( acctually i applied for the same directly ) in my office but after clearing Tier ii level when i needed NOC from my department it was came to my knowledge that no action was taken up on my application even after it was put up to the officer held the charge ( now he has been retired ) at that time it means my application was defered by him. Now the competent authority is refusing to issue me the NOC which is required by SSC otherwise my dossier will not be offered to any department even on my selection. My question is that if I could not get the NOC then what i should do whether to go to CAT or anything else & what would the procedure for that. Please help me immedeately some one for i am so confused regarding this issue.


you may file petition in CAT  or writ in high court.


Consultant & Legal Analyst

Dear Gaurav,

Going to CAT without a solid backround in your support your case can met with failure/rejection by CAT. So, just check if you have exhausted the official channels before going to the CAT.

As such, if you decide to go to CAT, before doing so, please review your own position, whether you applied for the post through proper channel by sending your application to the SSC through your department with one copy in advance to the SSC? If not, and only applied for NOC and could not get any response, did you remind the appropriate compeent authority? Whether you have received refusal o grant NOC in wriing or not? If you are not receiving any response did you repesent or petitioned to the next higher or ontrolling authority and what was his response?

So, if not already done, better represent to the higher authorities first and must remind in writing after at least every two weeks to get some response before you go to CAT, so that you have sume supportive evidence in your favour.

PS Dhingra

CEO, Dhingra Group of Management & Viilance Consultants

New Delhi




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

LAWkdown Challenge    |    x