LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SALAM (PROCESS LEADER)     05 May 2016

Flat maintanance charges

i live in(kerala,trivandrum) a low rise flat comprising of 8 units,where maintanance charges are being fixed unilaterally by the prominent  members,which most of the times are not genuine.

few points to be noted with respect our flat committee is that,

1)ours is a working committee of all 8 owners with an elected co-ordinator & treasurer.We are not registered as a legal flat society.

2)when we started 3 years back we had services like ,security ,bio-gas plant & common area cleaning ,along which we had common electricity charges & water charges.Now we have only three common services which we pay for that is,common area cleaning ,water & common electricity.it comes roughly rs 700 /unit ,where as now the amount being fixed is 1000/unit.This amount is in addition to the buffer that we keep in our bank account ,that is rs 60000 +...

3)I have objected this move as the new rate was fixed without any consultation or meeting by the members.Now the committee is forcing me to make the rs 1000 payment as i am sure they are collecting excessive amount .what is the legal protection available for me in this case?If i chose to pay the share of actual expenses,can i get legal protection.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register