Fixed deposit issue

Dear Users,

My Grandmother had deposed Fixed Deposit in her name for 10Lacs . Her Son in Law has used the FD to avail loan and has not repayed the loan taken on FD.  He had proved to be dishonest 

The FD will mature on Jan 2017 and is there a way to get back her FD from him? 

The Bank manger doesnt provide much info on this to us.pls help and guide.





Send RTI query and get all the information y addressed to PIO attachd tothebank. You will know tha status o f your  10 lakhs repees amount.  Then you can proceed to collect your FDR's on maturity. You can meet Bank Ombudsm,also. If you appreciate this answer pleae convey my foum thanks by clicking thanks..


I am quiete sure that Son In Law doesnt want to repay the amount taken on loan on FD , Can we fight for getting our FD worth 10lakhs back ?


The bank can not mark lien or secure for laon without the explicit consent of owner of funds in FDR a/c.

Thus the owner has interest to get authenticated  copies of FDR,loan application, loan approval,loan a/c, lien etc  etc .


Write under proper acknowledgment and meet higher officials e.g; Circle Manager.............


The owner can demand payment from Son In Law as per terms or trust..........


Show all dcos to your own able counsel. 



Kumar Sir, my Grandmom had singned documents to avail loan trusting he would repay the FD back. But that fellow seems to take advantage on her age. Would it stil be valid to take this legally to get back her FD amt.


You have posted that:

"Her Son in Law has used the FD to avail loan "

"my Grandmom had singned documents to avail loan"

Both are conflicting.







Who was borrower; your grandmother or her son in law?

Or was grandmother gurantor?

Or it was loan against FDR issued to your grandmother?

Does grandmother has irrefutable evidence of advancing the money to her son in law?


Hello Sir,

it was FD belonging to my grandmother that her SonIn Law had used to avail load for his personal need.  She had signed papers to allow him to avail loan on her FD.



She may claim the amounts advanced from him.

She can also pay the debt and get the lien vacated.

Then She may claim the amounts advanced from him.



"Then She may claim the amounts advanced from him " means will bank help in getting back her FD amt from SonInLaw or should it be trhu Court ?



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x