Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Troubled Hubby (support )     19 February 2014

Fir registered and no action taken

Dear sir,

Based on the complaint of domestic violence and wife thrown out of matrimonal house a complaint was lodged at police station police have registered FIr Under sec 498a and 3/4 of DP act in january . police has taken the icognizance of the offence but till now no investigation is done or the accused have been arrested . police is not ready to take the investigation as the accused person is  big shot and vice president of a hindu samaj.

previously a complaint was registered and a compromise was reached in police station and the accused had agreed to provide a monthly compansation to the victim but still there were case of domestic violnece and he has stopped paying the compensation also

Based on this wife  who is uneducated and from a village with help of a social Sangha approached SP and got the FIR registered d but till now there is no progress in the investagation the fir was registereddon jan 6 

Now can we register a private complaint to the JMFC court under secunder sections 200 and 156(3) of the Cr.P.C., read with sections 498a and DP act 3/4 of IPC to direct the police to investigate at the earliest.

since the lady is from poor background and alone whose parents died recently due the truama they faced and she is left with no residence 


 2 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     19 February 2014

if police is not taking action on your fir for a such long time , now you can proceed to the court for private complaint u/s 200 crpc, and get directions u/s 156(3) crpc to the police to investigate the matter .

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     19 February 2014

when the FIR already registered then no private complaint be filed before court but the complainant may file a misc. application to get the status of the case, the court has power to demand status report from police or file a writ petition before HC for direction to police, to investigate the matter properly. feel free to call

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register