Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chanchal   09 December 2017

Fir for fraud in banking transaction

Hi

I am a staff of a nationalized bank. Some transactions were done by me few days back because of which bank suffered a loss of around Rs 2 lakhs. Meanwhile bank filed an FIR against me. The amount was not big and I paid Rs 2 lakhs from my pocket to the bank. Though the money is recovered the bank will not take back the FIR. Please guide me what are the legal consequences now and how will the police proceed. Police is asking me to meet them but I m little worried that they may arrest me. the money is recovered and the bank is doing their internal enquiry. What are the chances that the case may go to court and what will happen if it goes to court.

Learning

6 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     09 December 2017

It is not possible to say anything without knowing what exactly happened and your explanation for it. You have paid the bank. But somewhere someone has made an illegal gain. That person has to be caught. You co-operate with the bank and the police to catch the culprit. Unless you give details we cannot know who and where is the culprint.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 December 2017

You have deposited the money.

You may Co-operate in inquiry by police.

You need to come clean in internal inquiry by Bank.

Bank per IT's rules may not want to let deliquent employee escape.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 December 2017

It shall be in your interest to seek support of very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in service matters, defense assistant  having successful track record in such matters.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     14 December 2017

If a loss is suffered by a party due to theft or fraud the case for criminal offence doesn't stop if the money or property is returned except for VIP's like late Jayalalitha (Tansi case). Criminal proceedings by police and court can continue. Engage a lawyer like  Adv. Tulasi to bail you out. Tulasi bailed out Jayalalitha.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 December 2017

On website of local police commissionerate easy descripttion of section and offences is published and the instances under which police can arrest.

Rest; discuss with Local counsel and defense assistant and understand the gravity and remedies.

If you wish to separate and can separate, explore the options. 

If you wish to come clean out of the issue, explore the options. 

anewdhaars (Student )     16 December 2017

See bro, the problem is that you haven't explained what exactly took place and how that happended. So i think it is too early to say anything about such a case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register