Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fir case affecting us green card holder

Page no : 2

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 May 2016

@RK:  Your extensive worries about this subject is a bit to much and unnecessary.

She cannot cancel your green card, who informed you about this absurdity? There is no meaning in it.  

In fact when she herself refused to join you in US and also has demanded heavy money as compensation, her intention behind the complaint can be established before court. 

For the present you may just obtain AB, if need be and then handover this case to a good lawyer who will take care of your interests and further issues. 

For passport renewal you can do it in Indian Embassy at US itself. 

RK   21 June 2016

My wife is asking for monthly maintenance. However, we want to give lump sum money. My wife does not agree to this. Now, the case from CAW cell has moved to police chownki. Inspector called my parents and asked them to come there. My wife is putting new allegations on my mother with some fake medical reports. Unfortunately, i am living abroad and not able to go immediately. WHat should my parents do to deal with this situation? I would greatly appreciate your reply.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 June 2016

You are cultivating trouble.

RK   22 June 2016

I did not get your point

RK   17 August 2016

I am staying in US and my wife in India is torturing my parents by filing false dowry complaints and police is now going to come to our house for check up. Can anyone suggest how to stop her doing all these? Can i file any case to force her to settlement?

Vibha   17 August 2016

1. Your wife is trying to terrorize you. You are letting her do it.
  2. You can try filing counter cases but it is not likely to give you results. 
  3. Nobody will bother your parents too much, police will ask some questions and nothing morel. Stay calm, deny all allegations, they will leave.
  4. Focus on your life in US, don't travel to India. Apply for N400 citizenship process as soon as you complete 4.5 years on your green card.
  5. False 498a cases go absolutely nowhere and cause zero harm nowadays. Engage a good lawyer and let him handle it. 
  6. Your wife will tire out sooner or later. She is wasting her time, money and energy, she will realize it on her own. There is nothing you can do to force such realization.

RK   17 August 2016

Thanks Vibha for your witty reply.

I have not been to India for last two years and want to see my parents and bring them here on visitor visa. Is it possible to do this? what is the potential risk?

My parents are trying to get a copy of compaint letter submitted to mahila thana through RTI but did not get it so far (more than 2 months past). I want to use to do ipc 211 if i have to once i visit india.

I would appreciate your reply.

Vibha   17 August 2016

1. There is small risk of LOC. Your lawyer should be able to advice based on stage of case. Worst case they will have to get permission from court to travel, most likely they can travel without any problem.
  2. Forget about IPC 211 for now. Ask your lawyer, he will explain why that is not very practical at this stage.
1 Like

RK   17 August 2016

My parents went to police station and came to know that my wife has lodged FIR 498a against myself and my parents and  IPC 406, 377 against me. Do you think, my parents can be arrested based on 498a, since police has told that they will come to our house for check up and my parents are worried that police might arrest them? I am looking for a good lawyer to handle this. My parents live in amritsar and my wife lives in faridabad. Please suggest.

Vibha   17 August 2016

1. I repeat as many other experts on the forum. Your fear of parents arrest is unreasonable. 

RK   17 August 2016

What should i do? If my wife has lodged FIR 498a, IPC 406, 377, why there is no notification sent so far to my home in India?

Vibha   17 August 2016

1. There can be many reasons. Perhaps your wife is not pursuing case with police. Perhaps police is asking her for evidence which she does not have. Perhaps police is busy with other more important cases. 
  2. Nothing for you to do at this stage.
  3. This is my last reply. 
1 Like

RK   17 August 2016

Vibha,

What is your consultancy fees?

RK   17 August 2016

I am looking for a good lawyer who can handle my case. Please let me know your contact number to reach you and a convenient time to call. We are 10 h 30 min behind IST.

Thanks

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 August 2016

I am not able to agree.

Your fear for arrest of paretns is not unreasonable fear.  There is imminent danger.

I am also not able to agree that nothing can happen to green card.

How the green card is useful to a person if he has no passport to travel or even if naving passport no permission of court to be out of country?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register