Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

praveen (Electrical Engineer)     04 October 2017

Fir 1- 498a, 354 ipc .... fir 2- 307, 406, 420

Experts and Senior Members,


After marriage within two days of relationship wife filed false criminal cases. After four yrs of time other party came to settlement

1. In my case, yesterday in the Honoble High Court of Telangana in FIR 1 and FIR 2 court has been quashed with cost of payment 10,000 each.

2. Me and opposite party filed Mutual Consent Divorce and MOU with terms and conditions finalising X Lakh amount to be paid by me

3. In this muatual agreement we did not mentioned about the cost of payment by either of the parties.


My High Court Advocate was asking me to pay the cost of payment which court has mentioned 10k and even my advocate was telling me this amount to be paid by opposite party but they never pay the amount in this criminal cases, mostely husband party will pay the cost of payments.

Which party has to pay the amount,  Husband party or wife party.

Please let me know your opinion

Thanking you in anticipation



 3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     04 October 2017

Quash petition if has been filled by the husband , than he shall pay the cost as ordered by the Hon'ble High Court.

praveen (Electrical Engineer)     04 October 2017


Joint Memo has been filed by both the parties to quash the two FIR

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     04 October 2017

Cost is paid by plaintiff or petitioner who filed the case unless the court has specifically ordered to respondent to pay the cost. If the court has ordered for payment of cost then the cost should definitely be paid in terms of order.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register