LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ganapathi (Software Engineer)     17 February 2016

Find divorce records

Hi All

My wife is filing Divorce in an unknown place so she can get ex-parte and move on ..

 She has filed 498a in a different state and will leave me and my family with the cases.

  I am abroad and am trying to find out where she has filed for divorce .. can someone help me if there's a way to find out divorce records online or if there's other easy way to find out divorce filed in a family court.

 Can we get family court records by applying for it by postal mail? Pls advice


 5 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     17 February 2016

The wife in India can file for divorce at any of these districts:

1. Where the Marriage was solemnised.

2. Where both parties last resided together as husband & wife.

3. Where the wife is residing at the time of presentation of the petition for divorce.

4. Where the husband/respondent is residing in India at the time of presentation of the petition.

In your case your wife has these options to move ahead for divorce, now this will help searching from the website of particular district court the district where she has filed her divorce case.

Check it through this website:

1 Like

ganapathi (Software Engineer)     17 February 2016

Hi Renuka

    She will leave me with 498a cases which I have to fight forever if she gets ex-parte. Please help me understand how she getting ex-parte will help me in 498a. thx

ganapathi (Software Engineer)     17 February 2016

Hi Vijay Raj Mahajan


 Thx for the reply

 But the 3rd point makes it easy for my wife to file divorce anywhere right?  She will get a new address in a new town and file divorce and then send summons to wrong address .. publish newspaper ad in a local newspaper where we have no clue of .. and get exparte.

 And i believe e-courts does not list divorce records? Please let me know how to search for divorce records on ecourts. I appreciate it. thx

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     18 February 2016

E Court shows record for Family Courts in most of the District Courts section. You can engage local lawyer of the district to keep track of the divorce case and even if that case goes ex-parte obtain the final order/judgment and decree of divorce for your record.

As far knowing her exact present address, you can seek that information from the other pending cases against you filed by her by seeking her present location.

You can take help of relatives and friends apart from her online C.V. Profile, the detective agency to keep track of her movement and location in India.

If by chance she is located in Gurgaon/Delhi, contact me to keep her track in Family Court, Gurgaon or in Delhi where I’m usually practicing for such cases.

ganapathi (Software Engineer)     18 February 2016

Hi Vijay Raj mahajan

Thx for yourreply..

I suspect she has filed in state of Andhra or Telangana where she orginally is from..but not of the district she has filed in .. and there are about 50 districts out there in those two states.. 

before marriage she lied they settled in our place karnataka for more than 20 yrs.. but its not true even her mom has filed 498a against her hubby which was not revealed ..

We dont have any contact with those states and had never seen those states until we met this cruel family. Can you suggest the best approach to go about looking for divorce files somewhere in the state of Andhra..

What can we file in the proceeding of current case (498a) to get her to reveal her divorce petition ?



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads