LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish Doulatramani   31 May 2018

Financial responsibility of child

My wife earns 50,000/- per month from her business and rental income from her flat. But she doesn't contribute a penny on our son's education & upbringing. I have filed a divorce petition in family court for emotional and financial cheating. How can I get financial relief and equal 50:50 contribution for our son's quality education and upbringing ?

Learning

1 Replies

Sunny Singh (Advocate)     31 May 2018

YOu should try wearing bigger dark glasses which will darken the truth entirely.  When you aer liiving together you cannot file maintenance on wife.  Your son can file a maintenance case on you both through a guardian in court through a advocate.

He can claim maintenance under sec 125 crpc from both of you.  For that he has to shift himself from your place to guardians place.  Now guardian can be grandmom and grand dad.

They can later apply for guardianship and GW act citing you both are spoiling kids life by fighting daily.  Like that you can get your wife to pay money towards childs expenses.

As far as she staying with you without paying you any rent, that comes under section of INDIAN WIFE rules.  Until the day you are alive you will have to pay alimony to her even if she stays with you or stays away from you.  But in case you both get divorced and she remarries you need not pay alimony to her.

But making her pay money through law can be done, to tell all that I will take fees. Free service till here only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register