LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

naveen (business)     15 July 2015

Filing divorce case

Respected sir,

i need guidance /valuable suggestions in case applying for divorce case on basis cruelty ,repeated desrtation and threat to life.

As we all know every case will drag from 1 to 7 years in court and on the decision of lower courts again appeal is made in higher courts and in each stage it will again take 1-2 years till we move to sc to get final decision, by that time  it will be too late and we might have lost all hopes and energy of starting new life once again. For this reason can any of you suggest where i can lodge divorce case, whether it should be filed only in lower family courts/jurisidection of the case or to save time we can directly file the case in high court/bench court? Is it possible to move directly to high court and file divorce case? What are other possiblities to get final decision within a short span may be in 1 - 2 years. what abou Loc adalat or fast track courts? please give ur valuable suggestions.

I am already 36 and my married life ended within 4 months from last one year no communication and we tried all possiblities, already i sent 2 notices in reply now they started making wired allegations but i will disprove all, they cannot prove even a single allegation which they made. Looking for u guidance



 4 Replies

Nitin (marketting manager)     15 July 2015

Go for Mutual consent divorce it takes just 6 months to come out of it.

speak to your lawyer


Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     15 July 2015



Its advicable to go for the mutual consent divorce and get it done as soon as possible.


Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate


naveen (business)     15 July 2015

Respected sir, I welcome ur suggestion, but the thing is that she won't agree for mutual consent even not ready to lead life together, she is not faithful, no respect or care nd damaged my image nd respect in society. please tell me whether I can directly file the case in high Court instead of in lower courts. I am sure that I will the case.

naveen (business)     15 July 2015

Hi, If any expert lawyers in family cases r their from karnataka plz provide ur contact no. My contact no 9886860126

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query