Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya (Not working)     09 March 2015

Filing defamation case against ex-wife

Hi Friends,

We got married on 2011,after 6 months we found that we dont have the necessary wavelength (due to her arrogant and adament  nature)to live with and often we found end up with quarrels.

I raised the issue to her father and he came and used filthy language against me and filed false dowry harrassment (FIR not filed)

police asked me stay away till the enquiry is going on

since inspector was on leave it tok about 2 months and finally Police enquired and found there is no dowry harrassment and asked them to leave the rented house.

During the period of stay, about 2 months they have damaged the house and for which i paid the house owner extra amount 

I have sent a legal notice to my ex-wife(divorce applied separately) stating that she has to return all the gifts which we gave during marriage and pay a lumpsum amount since she damaged the rented house.

Failing which i will file case on defamation...on false dowry harrassment.

Would like to know whether i can directly file in the court,if at all yes, where should i go and file?

what will be the time and cost will incur during the process.

pls guide.

Learning

2 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 March 2015

too premature to think of defamation. first get exhonerated on merit and then think of defamation if left with time, money and energy.

Sachin Agarwal (Learner in Law)     01 July 2015

Misuse of women oriented laws is rampant. International movement to check it is going on.

call 0888-2-498-498. 

visit :  www.saveindianfamily.in

All assistance is free. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register