Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishnaya vasudevaya (--)     02 January 2015

Filing case on criminal intidimation

Hi All,

My Father in laws elder brother threatened me stating to leave my wife's house otherwise he will not send her back. He also quoted that he was used to be a gunda/don in his early days and knows all the big shots. He also used to have rifles and pistols at his home. 

Please let me know does this amount to criminal intidimation? 

When I appear in family court in wife's hometown, I fear my life will be in danger. Should I request police protection from the local police station where i reside or the place where the case is filed. 

Regards

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 January 2015

Did you file any complaiint against your FIL's elder brother earlier? If yes what is the result, if no, file it now. Ask for police protection and avail if you can get it.

Krishnaya vasudevaya (--)     03 January 2015

No I haven't filed any complaint against him yet. Should I be filing the complaint where i stay (chennai) or where he stays (Bhavnagar)? What evidence does the police require? Is mere FIR necessary to arrest him or there will be enquiry, investigation, charge sheet and then arrest. There is a high possibility that he may shift to US by end of this month.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     03 January 2015

cause of action arose in bhavnagar, so u have to file (complaint) there only. Since you say he is native of that town police will resist to take action immediately. 

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     03 January 2015

You have not stated whether he threatened you in front of you or through phone.  File a police complaint in Bhavnagar.  If he has threatened you through phone when you are residing in Chennai, you have to file in Channai. You can also file under cyber crimes also. 

You said that he was earlier a goon and having political contacts.  Then he might have managed the local PS.  You have to approach DCP or Commissioner of Police. You will get prompt relief. 

Krishnaya vasudevaya (--)     03 January 2015

When I went to Bhavnagar to pick up my wife. He told me this in person in front of my father in law. However father in law is in his side. What should be the course of Action? My in laws screwed my whole career. I lost my job. I cannot go abroad due to section 125 filed in my name. Should commissioner of police Bhavnagar require any documentary proof or any evidence to arrest the accused or will there be initial inquiry and then arrest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register