LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vaibz   10 July 2016

Filed incorrect it return for fy 2015-16


I was using an online website for filing my returns for FY 2015-16 and mistakenly ended up filing a blank return showing no income and no tax paid. However, I haven't e-verified this return yet. 

My question is - since I haven't e-verified it, so can I file another return (the correct version) in the usual way and then go ahead and e-verify it? Assumption being that IT dept. will only consider this e-verified return and not the previous one (the incorrect and non e-verified version). 

Or else - do I need to file a 'revised' return? If yes, should I e-verify the original return, even though its incorrect? 

Thanks in advance.


 3 Replies

binay (advocate)     11 July 2016

Yes you can go for revised return but please consult a lawyer before doing that

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     13 July 2016

Q-1- some time that occurred but how can you file 2nd IT in same PAN number.

Q-2- its better to file a revised return and you can correct your IT form.

Jyotirmaya Prasad Behera, Advocate

Orissa High Court

Mob: 9132319262

Vaibz   13 July 2016

Ok thanks, I'll go for a revised return. But do I need to e-verify the original (incorrect) return before filing the revised version?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads