Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

casedivorce   11 October 2017

Filed dv case against my husband in usa

I got married just 5 months and we went to USA , I filed DV case against my husband and came back to India  . but i mentioned in complaint that he slapped me so i want to go back to india , and I went to one of family frnd guy (32M) house and stayed there for 2 days and went back to India from USA . I had no physical marks nothing , I dint wanted to stay there and with my parents pressure and the male family frnd I had put case on my husband in USA and now want to know what will this effect me in India , can he filed divorce on me using this DV case as example ,this case is dismissed as i was not present for the court in USA , 

 what can I do to stop divorce or drag this as my father will try to harras them with my help , now i cannot leave my father nor save the dead relation with my husband , he will never accept me . what are the possibility of my husband filing divorce case against me and how can I defend or wat are things my fmaily can do against him with my help .  

mistakes I did : Filing DV case in USA and not contesting , and deserting my husband . and staying for 2 days with another guy, I dint have any relation but can this make proof of adultary ? . will these are enough proof required for my husband to give me divorce ? . or will my parents will use me to file other cases back in India . 


 2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 October 2017

You need try for an amicable settlement. legal provisions can suggest very little.

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     13 October 2017

Your queries have been dealt in detail in your other post.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query