Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NNK79   29 June 2018

Fencing an agriculture land

Dear All,

I am writing to check with you about a proposal from the adjacent landowner to fence mine along with his land.

Background, I bought an agriculture land in my native village near Tirunelveli.since I am not living in my native and none to take care of this land other than my distant relative. Recently, a proposal came from the landowner adjacent to my land informing me that he is planning to do vegetable farming and that he is wanting to fence his land. Fine.. However, since I am adjacent to him and my land is vacant he is proposing to use my land (under the watch of my relative) which is vacant so that he can increase his output.

Now, he is asking my permission to fence my land along with his land, I am not feeling right about this even though my relative says that it is safe to fence rather than leaving it tharisu also he is quoting I have all documents on my name (sale deed, patta and chitta). 

Can someone please provide your inputs on whether 

1) First, Is it legally ok to fence in this way, even though I have all the documents?

2) It is ok to fence combining 2 lands from 2 different owners on 2 different survey numbers

3) if it is ok to fence, what kind of fence? What are all the precautions or papers I should take or make in this regard?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Kumar

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 June 2018

Bo rights to instal on your land.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 June 2018

Every thing depends on mutual understanding and in case of doubts, reducing them in writing as agreement.  As far as the fensing do not disturb / restrict your agricultural operations, it is always proper to maintain good relations and reduce in writing the agreed terms to avoid future conflicts.  You may be knowing the inconvenience to you personally due to fensing, if there is no inconvenience, it is better to have such mutual understanding with neighbours.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register