LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jeetu (Manager)     08 July 2012

Fathers property sale right

Hi all, I want opinion on my legal position and right to have my share in my fathers property. My father bought a plot in a government project that is IDA (Indore development authority) on the year 2006. He passes away in the year 2007. I moved to USA in the year 2008.There are four legal heirs in my fathers family, my mother( fathers wife), me(elder son), my brother(younger son) & my sister(daughter). I just want to know can they sell or transfer this plot to anybody without my consent. If yes then is there any way to stop this. I have some clue that my brother and sister want to take advantage of me being abroad. Any sujjestions or advise is welcome. Jeetendra


 1 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     08 July 2012

You all {your mother ,brother ,sister and you} have equal share in property i.e 1/4 share each,your brother and sister can not legally sale your share without your consent,they have to obtain power of attorney from you to sale the property so do not bother.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads