Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Pal (NA)     16 April 2011

Father's sudden death

Hello,

My father died suddenly. There was no will executed. My father had brought a Flat/house in Navi Mumbai in a registered society.

The nomination form had been filled by my father nominating 100% to my mother. However, due to unavoidable circumstances, the form was not submitted to the society.

The soceity will not accept the nomination form now. 

I have my brother and there is no dispute. 

How to get the house transferred to my mother's name most easily and fastest. Need to know the complete procedure.

How to get the flat/house transferred to my name.

Urgent response from the experts is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Learning

3 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     16 April 2011

First, U give a application with attach a death certificate of your father and nomination form fill-up by your father and u know the date is mention in the form.

Second, If the society not expect the nomination form u give a application and enter your mother and your name in legal heir (If u r only legal heir) in this property.

Anil Pal (NA)     16 April 2011

Thanks Bharat for your reply !.

I approached an lawyer who advised me to submit the Nomination form to the Soceity and check with them if they can accept the same back date - which society has refused.

He suggested getting a legal heir certifcate. This as per him, would take 5-6 months and cost. 

I approached another lawyer who said that is possible using "Indemity Bond". I donot understand how and Indeminity bond can help here !!.

Regarding your suggestion "If the society not accept the nomination form u give a application and enter your mother and your name in legal heir (If u r only legal heir) in this property."

- What application needs to be given - like what should be the contents ?. Does this have to be in a specific format ?.

Thanks,

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     18 April 2011

U give a applicatin and write that u and your mother only the legal heir and this information is right and true u and both r sing in this applicaiton and give in society. If u make a affedevit please attach with application.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register