Share More

Thaddeus Fernandes (IT Support Engineer)     26 December 2013

Father's name - spelling mistake

Hi all,

My father's name in my passport is STEPHEN 

My father's name in his passport = STIPHEN 

My father's name in My birth certificate = STIPHEN 

I need to correct the mistake in my passport from STEPHEN to STIPHEN 

Kindly advise if this is possible & if yes, how to do it.

This is not a name change but father's name spelling mistake so i need to rectify it. i noticed it only shortly hence need help.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 December 2013

Very simple. You file an application in the passport office itself for correction of your father's name alongwith  your a copy of your birth certificate isued by local municipal OFFICE.

S.QAISAR ALI ADV. (Advocate)     26 December 2013

You did not mention your validity and date of issue of your passport. If validity of passport is expires within one year you must apply to reissue the passport online and correction of fathers name be managed threrein. If the validity is more than one year ,you must approach to concerned PSK and for coorrection of spelling in father;s name placing a simple application alongwith correct id.i.e. fathers passport.birth certificate etc.

Hi

Thanks for the response

Do I need to submit my birth certificate or my fathers?

I am a Christian I have certificate from church in English mentioning fathers correct name but birth certificate from local municipality is in gujarati language.

Can I apply to retailers for such document I  English and then submit in Passport Office as supporting document

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register