LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raj malhotra (M.D)     25 July 2011

Fate of False 498A wife

Over the years, many people, on various forums and yahoogroups, have wondered what happens to 498A girls after they successfully destroyed their marriage. What happens to them in 3, 5, 10, 15, 20…years?

Having been around courts quite a bit, I’ve seen seemingly normal women become practically unrecognizable in less than 5 years. Some turn into nervous eaters and double in size and weight. Some become complete mental wrecks. Some become delusional and start feeling that they are doing great social service by being a legal terrorist. Those who persist more than five years become courtroom bums, fighting cases all their life as a full time profession regardless of the outcome.

Of late, I have noticed a new phenomenon whereby the “young and restless” 498A girls take to baiting new fish or become fish for someone’s bait. And surprisingly enough, for every bait, there is a fish somewhere. The fish looks at the bait and thinks “what a stupid bait, just waiting to be eaten!”. The bait thinks, “what a stupid fish, eagerly coming to get hooked!”.

A legal terrorist being desperate for a new “bakra” may seem understandable. But why would ANY man want to become a sacrificial lamb at the altar of a legal terrorist?

Learning

18 Replies

(Guest)

I am not sure about others but marrying a legal terrorist girl will be the last thing I'll do, or will let any of my near and dear do...

(Guest)

Truly said.

(Guest)

what about 498A hubbys?

They make hurry to take advantage of FIR and take divorce.Busy with his girlfriend or searching for new ATM girls(fr a better futere)

Hari_Narayana (Learning...)     26 July 2011

well said  Raj Malhotra and your comparision is accurate.

The indian judicial department has to take initiative to put a full stop for this kind of IPCs where the innocent people are wasting their time, energy, getting mentally imbalanced and some are struggling to live due to this legal terrorism.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     26 July 2011

if u talk of false case,i wont comment.

but if the case is genuine,men facing this case have a hard time remarrying once the case closes.no one wants to give his daughter to someone who had a violent past.

then if these men settled the cases to prevent their faults from getting exposed,they never learn a lesson.so they repeat their same violent traits with 2nd wife also,if they are lucky to to get a wife.

and same story repeats again.

the 2nd wife,if she gets sick of his attitude will remind him one day that u must have got divorced earlier because of the same -ve attitude u showed wid ur first wife...

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     26 July 2011

@Roshni

Can you see the manner in which @Utpala has replied? She is not bothered about the subject of the post, but directly thrashed married males :p

And in one of my post you took her name to be a neutral person. Check your stats and reduce by one :D

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Hari_Narayana (Learning...)     26 July 2011

Yes you are correct Roshini. But...........think about the innocents...

Teach a lesson to the real sin doers, not to the innocents of his family who are not to be deserved such punishments. Did you ever think in an angle that old aged women and men who cant even put their footsteps correctly are also being jailed by this 498a misue? Is this the judgement or lesson you want to give? If the wife (who put the 498a without knowing the consequences) one day got accused in the same false 498a case made by her own beloved brother's wife then???????? she will get a lesson?

India is corrupted almost. So if you go to the police just for teaching a lesson to your husband then your are going to end up with more problems despite creating problems to your husband wife. Thats for sure.

I hope this is what Raj Malhotra wants to address to the forum.

1 Like

(Guest)

Mr Saurabh you have problem of with either me or your eyes.

I wrote about 498A hubbies not about  married males.

(Guest)

being accused is not the same as guilty, all hubbies accused of 498a are not guilty, what happens to the innocent ones? maybe false 498a wives open a coffee shop near the court so that new ones filing false cases can have kitty parties and get tips on how to win from old ones.

husbands or wives who really commit crimes must be punished.

JAYESH (Sr. Executive HR.)     27 July 2011

@ Roshni B..

When wife is wrong and husband want to compromise with her but wife don't want just because to satisfy her own ego. In this type of case also wife (i.e. girls) putting dummy 498A case on her husband & husband's family. In this type of case poor husband can't do anything just because culprit wife had used the last weapon with the help of our country law.

Recently I had myself suffered this condition. My wife & in-laws had put dummy 498A case after a long battle i.e. I had put case RCR in feb-2010 and very next day my wife put case on me for divorce u/s13(a i). This horrible situation comes in my life just because I caught some unacceptable & intolerable SMS in my wife’s mobile between my dear wife (whom I love dearly) & her colleague. On asking her what this nonsense she just replied cool heart that “We are just very close friends & we always use this kind of language when we talk better you (i.e. me her husband) don’t see my SMS otherwise you will be hurt ok”. I put this matter in front of my in-laws but to hide mistake of their daughter they told me that “This is modern era & this kind of things are normal don’t worry about it everything will be ok” due to this kind of negative statement I feel very sad & I had tried to kill myself but some how my family member rescue me. There after within one month time period I had again caught unacceptable & intolerable e-mails in my wife account between my wife & one unknown person. Later I come to know that they had just 4 to 5 days friendship and my wife had mailed that fellow about all her timing schedule like when they can talk on mobile, when they can SMS, when they can e-mails & chat. Also my wife had mentioned that she wants to be separate from me but she want friends like that unknown fellow. Also my wife had mentioned that if her mother (i.e. my mother-in-law) comes to know all this then problem will arise & she (my wife) will not able to talk with that unknown fellow. That I (my wife) will not like & can’t bare. Upon this reply that unknown fellow had replied with his photos in two different mails. FIRST MAIL: “Wish I could hold U in my arms, it feels so good. U r very cute. SECOND MAIL (dangerous): U r nice person dear & I like u a lot, wish I could have married u. U can call me anytime u want. I must tell u one thing I get attracted to u a lot. Pls don’t feel bad. U can ask for anything from me. I wish v could do that. Sorry but I am being honest with u. miss professor. Take care bye.” I do have all this legal proof with me. Once my lawyer & her lawyer had arranged meeting for compromise, in that meeting my wife had accepted that all this mails transaction happened by herself & then she challenged me to prove that all in court of law. I had already done everything legally to prove that all in court but my case was not started we are just getting dates. Mean while after around a year that in then end of April-2011 my beloved wife (whom I loved that time & still) & my in-laws filed dummy case of 498A with condition that I should sign divorce or they will put me & my all family members behind bars. So in turn to save my family I had accepted to sign divorce. One more interesting thing my divorce happens without a payment of single penny only she had taken my all gold jewelers with her & not return to me at time of divorce. Also when this problem (in 2009) started in my life & she went away to her parents home with my lovely daughter they had not allowed me to see my daughter also. I had tried many ways out to see my daughter but all in vain. Through legal ways also they had cheated me. No you tell me what to do in this condition. I’M EXTREMLY SORRY TO DISCRIBE ALL THIS. REPLY ME…

zimmerzapper (student)     27 July 2011

please don't be sorry to describe all these things. my full sympathies are with you, have you filed a adultery case against her lover?

(Guest)

As  per supreme court

95% 498A cases ae false

3%  could not be proved

2% results in conviction

So you can safely conclide what above statistics says.

For me 498a using women are inhuman and don't deserve second chance or any other human treatment

And 498a accussed are victims - i have all sympathy for them.

upasna (coordinator)     25 August 2011

Utpala ji,

Please  a little sympathetic. As far as our case is concerned , my family is totaly innocent . This girl

is earning 45000 rs a month and still asking for rs 40000 as maintainenece . is that right??

Aishwarya (Teacher)     25 August 2011

•  this is what we have been discussing and sometimes arguing about..

false 498a cases and innocent guys who have been implicated badly by these women who resort to  498a ..a strong weapon given to them who can use it the way they like..

see no matter between a husband and a wife could be so big that it cant be resolved amicably and easily.Even krishanji went to kaurvas before the yudh of mahabharata for peaceful settlement of disputes..and here this fight is least not even worth the comparison...so if such big chapters were sought in peace before actual fights then even these disputes must be taken to be resolved peacefully

• the genuine cases..                

but in some cases where there is genuinity, it can be imposed and only the ones who have seriously committed the crime should come in the purview of the law design .

• a view on the maintenance system

the maintenance chapter i strongly don't believe in it until the women is illiterate, lives in a village, or belongs to deprived section of the society..

whats the point in asking ur enemy for food ..never !!

Its better to live with dignity than to ask my enemy for his fig.

In such cases where there's a child, there ought to be a reasonable support system,. where the father can take care of the child's education and development needfully in appropriate manner after all he is the biological father.

• next concern is to take what is your's back...

just the dowry that was given in cash, vehicle, gold or property be taken back by girl..other than that no further things be asked..

"Apna chodo mat dusre ka lo mat"..

rest always keep decisions of choice and disputes your own rather being brainwashed by other's .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register