LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VIKAS SINGH (CEO)     08 September 2013

Fastest duration of divorce ?

I know it very well that the fastest procedure of divorce is by mutual consent when both the parties agree for divorce.In my case,my friend wants divorce from her husband who is ready to give her divorce by mutual consent that my friend doesn't asks for alimony and my friend is ready for it.I have heard that it takes a minimum of 6 months to take this process forward.But recently I read this article in times ::

https://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-09-26/mumbai/34101324_1_divorce-plea-mutual-consent-grant-divorce

Which says there's NO WAITING IN MUTUAL CONSENT DIVORCE.I know there are a couple of posts on the topic and sorry for starting this new one.But those are pretty old.So experts please help me solving this query.Please tellme if in this case the divorce process can complete in 1 or maximum 2 months time.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

Whatever it is, you should file for MCD, then approach FC and ask to waive off the 6 month waiting period and approach HC, HC will give divorce immediately.

(Guest)

Dear querist,

if a court get satisfied by all means that a marriage can not be prolonged it can order for the Decree of Divorce.
And also it can waive off the period of six months between the 1st motion and 2nd motion.
It is under discretion of the court to justify itself for the waiving off the period and deciding the case as fast as desires by the parties only coming to the conclusion that by all means the marriage can not be prolonged.

Just take refference of SC judgement on Devinder singh Narula Vs Meenakshi Nangia

(Guest)

Dear querist,

if a court get satisfied by all means that a marriage can not be prolonged it can order for the Decree of Divorce.
And also it can waive off the period of six months between the 1st motion and 2nd motion.
It is under discretion of the court to justify itself for the waiving off the period and deciding the case as fast as desires by the parties only coming to the conclusion that by all means the marriage can not be prolonged.

Just take refference of SC judgement on Devinder singh Narula Vs Meenakshi Nangia

gd dy (gd dy)     08 September 2013

@sufferer:
hope u don't mind.
read somewhere tht only hc or sc can waive this period.
don't knw abt recent changes.
u knw better.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register