LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

surender   16 July 2016

Family settlement procedure for registeration

we have 3 brothers and two sisters after father death we all made a family settlement for distribution of property etc we decided that we not need any thing and signed the mom that we sisters not need any thing you 3 brother distribute the property and we have given registeration job to big brother he contact lawyer and told us registeration process is going on in the court after three month he called in the court we surprised to see the he file the suits against sisters instead registered the family settlement from court or registrar office he told me that lawyer did he told this is only procedure to file the suits against sister can any body tell me what is the actual procedure and court give 31 august date after our appearance please help me

Learning

2 Replies

Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     16 July 2016

Dear,

Nothing to be panic. I can understand your agony. May be advocate has misguided him for filing suit. Something fishy. just check out the reason behind it.

When the matter is already settled within family, there is no need for court procedure. Directly you would have registered partition deed before Sub-Registrar.

As he has filed suit for partition. Go through the pleadings, consult an advocate and file settlement memo in the court if you are all willing to settle the matter.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 July 2016

Merely reaching a consensus is not enough; there are a few legal formalities that must be completed to ensure that the agreement is valid. Firstly, the settlement document must be signed by all the family members involved. A missing signature can easily become ground for challenging the document in court at a later date. "In addition, as a safety measure, the document should be attested by two witnesses, though it is not mandatory,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register