LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SANJEEV (Deputy Manager)     16 January 2015

Family partition deed

I have an ancestral property in Delhi which my grand father bought sometime back in the year 1960. After the demise of my grand father the property got conveyed to my father and uncle. This property was collaborated by my uncle and father with a builder. The Builder took the ground floor and the first and the second i floor and entire terrace on the second floor was taken by my father and uncle.

After taking the possession my father expired  and a family settlement deed executed between my mother and uncle and determination was made in black and white about the owner ship of the first floor came with my father and the second floor with my uncle.The terrace was divided 50% each.

Now, I want to sell my share of the first floor. What shall be the documents that I need to have in support of my share of the property ?

Do I need to have a family partition deed, as there is none at this point of time and what shall be the duty on the same ?

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     16 January 2015

Dear,

Under whose name the said property or part which you are planning to sell is registered ..?

Kapil Chandna Adv

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     16 January 2015

what do you mean black and white? can u be clear please? if it is in your father's name also no problem after his death you and your mother will automatically be the heirs.  so please take the mutation in your name then you can sell.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register