LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kuldeep Sharma (BDM)     16 September 2017

Family Dispute

I would like to have expert opinion on the following case related to one of my friend Rajesh: He got married in 1995 and lived with his wife for about 10 years during which they had two kids (today son aged 15+ & daughter 19+). During these years wife started behaving rashly and differences started in them. Ultimately Rajesh married to another woman and got it registered and gave a copy of this certificate to her. She pretend of getting poison and husband admitted her to hospital where after he remained under custody for some days and case was filed under/s 498A, 494 against Rajesh. He was acquitted because state failed to prove the charges. She filed a civil suit under Hindu Adoption and maintenance act in which she and both kids were awarded maintenance@Rs.1,000/-each (total 3000 pm). İn this case the court created Charge on the Land of Rajesh (owned by Rajesh) due to which Rajesh is unable to raise even agricultural loan / Kisan Credit Card to maintain and develop the land. She is staying with her parents for the last over 12 years. She alongwith her parents met with the officials of the company in which Rajesh was working and represented her case wherein instead of getting some help she demanded her husband's removal from job and the company obtained forcible resignation from Rajesh. At that time (over 12 years ago Rajesh was drawing monthly salary of around Rd.25000/-). She is working as Anganwadi Worker and getting a salary of Rs.4500pm from the Govt. Besides this RS.3000pm as maintenance and doing petty tailoring work. So her total monthly income stands around Rs.8000/-+. Now she intentionally admitted her daughter to B.Sc. (Med.) İn other state to put financial burdon on Rajesh and claim higher maintenance. Now she has filed a civil suit in the court of Sr. Sub Judge under Hindu Adoption and maintenance act for enhancement from Rd.3,000pm to RS.25,000pm to meet her experiences and kids education. Rajesh is aged 51 and is unemployed for the last over 12 years and doing petty works through which his income is very negligible. My QUESTİONS; 1. Can Rajesh file a case of maintenance from his wife ? İf yes under which act and sections. 2. Can the Charge created on Land be vacated....? İf yes, please provide details how can it be vacated. 3. Can Rajesh get t

Learning

1 Replies

Gloria   17 September 2017

Hi I got married on Special Marriage Act Nd never stayed together it's been two years and now we filed a mutual divorce, is it possible dat I can get married after 60 days filing the first marriage divorce or I can take any special permission before Da second marriage.. If you can help me out.. Thanks in advance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register