LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hitendra Jain (Tax consultant)     30 August 2014

Family dispute

An application has been filed against me by my one of younger brother in police station that I have made FDR's of my grandfather in His name and My name in either or survival status. Since grand father is of 90 year old He is unable to manage bank transactions hence I am going to retain all of his property in my favor.

With respect to FDR's fact is that they were once in joint name of my grand father and grand mother. My grand mother died and then by written application my grandfather removed her name from bank accounts and added my name. I do not have acknowledgement of those application. That FDR's matured and re-made in my and my grand father's name.

This dispute once already settled and under that settlement it was decided that the whole money divided in four parts and distributed among three brothers and mother. On computation of the figure all three brothers have signed. According to this computation Share of mother and younger brother has been transferred to their bank account. An additional amount of Rs. 2.5 lac also transferred to the complainant bank account.

Among these facts I want to know whether I can be arrested by the police.

Can I seek remedy from court before any action taken by police.

My grand father is alive but too old. He authorized me for the expenses or transaction made by me from the bank accounts. Now in his current situation how can I prove this fact to court or to police.

Application is attached here with

Learning

1 Replies

malipeddi jaggarao (retired banker)     30 August 2014

Your grand father is alive. He can confirm that with his consent only your name was added.  The Bank can also confirm the same.  In such case why do you worry? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register