Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aninda Roy   17 January 2017

False resignation acceptance letter - punishable?

I used to work for company A  in India.I resigned from company A for joining another company B in India in my home town. I have got everything from company A such as experience letter,relieving letter etc.After working 4 months in company B,I realized that I am not good fit for this position with company B.So I contacted company A (my previous employer) for an opportunity.They offered me a position immediately and sent me the offer letter which I have accepted.Under such circumstances,I mailed my resignation to my current employer( company B) mentioning my last day which is after 2 months from the date of my resignation letter as my notice period is two months.But my current employer (company B ) did not accept my offer letter saying that they will give time to learn .But I really do not want to work in my current organisation as it is not at all good fit for me. Company A asked me to send resignation acceptance mail after one month from the date of issuing offer letter.As I do not want to loose the opportunity with company A ,I sent them a false resignation acceptance mail stating my manger's name of company B as approver of my resignation and last working day as 3 months after the date of offer made by company A as I get another 2 months time for serving the notice period after submitting my resignation letter again.
My questions are -
1)Can company A send the false resignation letter(which i sent to company A) to company B to check whether it is true or false?
2)If company A send the false resignation letter to company B,Can any of these two companies take any legal action or any other action 
against me?
3)What should I do now?
Please help.
Thanks.

Learning

4 Replies

Zoheb Khatri (Practicing in Mumbai ZohebKhatri@gmail.com)     18 January 2017

Previous company may cross-verify Resignation/status of your employment with current company.

They may also terminate you for misconduct.

Speak to current organisation and take formal relieving. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 January 2017

1,2;Yes.

Obtain proper resignation acceptance relieving from from current employer (this you need for future) and  firm up next venture in some other company also,ASAP.

If you can request to ignore the fabriucated document and accept real one (that you need to obtain).

In case there are issues separate from cuirrent employer, decline offer frm past employer and get employed with some other employer.

Don't indulge in fabricating and forging in future.

ANUP KUMAR (AVP-LEGAL)     18 January 2017

Using fabricated document is a criminal offence. You may be prosecuted under sections 420, 406, 468 and 471 of IPC.

It is advised to withdraw fabricated resignation acceptance letter.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 January 2017

You have posted that:

"I sent them a false resignation acceptance mail stating my manger's name of company B as approver of my resignation."

You can not withdraw it.

If you create another email from the side of Manager to withdraw then it shall be another fabricated document and moreover it may arouse suspicion.

Better obtain proper acceptance and reliving.

Avoid indulging in further complications.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register