Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikram Katyal (Officer)     10 February 2014

False police complaint

My relative has given FALSE complaint against me at police station. He resides in different city and have placed complaint in his city. I have procured copy of complaint. I want to file petition u/s 182 and 211 of IPC. Please let me know that : 1. In which court I should file same 2. Can i file same at court in my city Thanks

 1 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     10 February 2014

only police can file complaint in court - that too after completion of investigation and after recording a finding that false info is submitted by the complainant.

private prosecution u/s ipc 182 is barred by crpc 195

u can file application to police to initiate action u/s 182 - but police generally does not act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query